Wednesday, October 14, 2009

OK, Here we go.







I have to say, I don't regularly follow alot of blogs but I like having a place to go to catch up with friends. I probably need to document my life better. So, here we go. I'm a quilter with a longarm quilting business. I own two APQS Millenniums. One is computerized with CompuQuilter and the other is my "Custom" quilting machine. I am six weeks into this new arrangement and I am so pleased with the progress I've made in 'catching up' in my business. I was just looking at my backlog which is ALWAYS more backed than logged and I am pleased to say that I have completed 14 quilts since 9/29 and I've barely broken a sweat. As soon as I get done here, I will load two more!

In trying to manage my backlog, I decided to separate out the quilts that I've had for too long (you know the ones, no deadline, whenever you get to it) from the quilts I took in August for September delivery and those I took in September to be completed in October. All of the September quilts have been delivered! Seven of the October quilts are out of here. And I will continue to work on the old quilts (five of them). I think this plan is working out. I feel like I am accomplishing things and I have to say I am enjoying the custom quilting so much more now that the pressure of the 'schedule' has been reduced because I have two machines.

So, here is a picture of the half-sized Bella Bella I quilted last week. I'll talk more about it and try to post other stuff tomorrow.



3 comments:

  1. Great job on your blog, Donna. I have a list of blogs that I follow so I will put you on that list. It does help to see what everybody else is doing. And I am so thrilled that the 2 machines is working for you. Mine still goes in hills and valleys. But now that I have the IQ, I enjoy the valleys more; it's playtime with the computer.
    Hey, maybe it's time for me to post my ### Days til MQS 2010. I wonder if we will be eating any BBQ this year. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, good to see you blogging. I have added you to my list too. Linda has some really good blogs, check them out. And look for Feathered Fibers, Carla is a great quilter and will be a teacher at MQS 2010, woohoo...and I didn't think I would take any classes - Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait! And there better be BBQ, but remember, we're not getting there until Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete